- We all must suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.
Starting at 8:30am this morning, I spent all of today making Christmas cookies with my mom and sister. Homemade oreos, peanut blossoms, oreo truffles, chocolate covered balls, and almond bark pretzels. It's my favorite time of year and I love baking!
However, tasting batter, licking fingers, and taste testing cookies fresh out of the oven generally goes along with baking. BUT, not for me! Not this year! This year I held strong, not even wanting one lick or one cookie!
Why? Because sugar is addictive and I know how my body responds to sugar. I know that if I had one cookie, and those cookies remained in my house (which they will since my husband loves them), that I would end up in a downward spiral. I would want more. I would not stop at one. I would eat three, four, five… until they were gone. I would eat more based on that one minute of satisfaction and gratification instead of the long-term goal of feeling amazing everyday of my life. I would let my mind take over and funnel my stress into food. Emotional eating would take over.
But not this year. This year, I’m choosing to end my year even stronger that I started it! This year I learned that food is fuel. This year I am finding balance. This year I am eating a clean diet 95% of the time, because clean eating – eating whole foods that fuel my body in the best way possible – is what works best for me. I feel amazing eating this way and I don’t feel restricted or deprived. Why? Because that other 5% is the balance for me. That other 5% is all the homemade desserts, homemade buns and cinnamon rolls, pizza, and carbs that I would want. I don’t want to eat unnecessary sugar, carbs, and sodium everyday. I know how it makes me feel. I want to make it count. I want to savor the flavor and enjoy my dessert, but then get back on track as soon as I finish eating it.
Now, I’m not saying you shouldn’t enjoy Christmas cookies or holiday food, because you should! And I will! I’m just going to pick wisely and in moderation. I’m going to make that dessert count.
So ask yourself, “Will it make me happy for a minute or a lifetime?"
7 minutes ago
- Austin, Texas
- Random snack that curbed my cravings ! I was about to head to the gym with my brother and didn’t want anything too heavy so I whipped up this concoction to get my going!
- @cornthins (my favorite rice cakes)
- @thrivemkt creamy peanut butter
- slices of a Fiji apple 🍎
Let’s y’all #CARBS - they ain’t your enemy !! The problem people run into when eating carbs is eating too much and not using it fast enough. Carbs can be a great source of energy but that’s only if you’re using it. Here is a great combination of fats, little bit of protein, and carbs to fuel my workout so I am not worried about the small amount of carbs in the grand scheme of things
The cinnamon and apple combination made it taste like a dessert as well 😋 Sorry, nothing fancy here - just real life 🙃 #eatrealfood #healthyswaps #preworkout #healthtips #snackideas
12 minutes ago
- It’s DAY 1 of our pre Christmas cleanse! 🙌🏼 At this time of the year some find it difficult to commit to a 30 day cleanse and actually find themselves over indulging and falling into bad habits. Not those people that have taken up the 10 day cleanse challenge! 🤩 Here’s to healthy living in the holidays! 🎄
It’s not too late to jump on board and become a healthier version of yourself! DM me for more info. 💃🏼
29 minutes ago
- Recipe Food Co
- One of our Recipe Food Co. cocktails, Hibiscus Orange Ginger Sour featured @u_feast brunch at our location this afternoon. Honoured to have hosted the brunch with iconic brand @makersmark
40 minutes ago
- Turmeric & Satay Pulled Pork .. .. the most delicious flavors! In the menu this week 😃
46 minutes ago
- Dr Dzul Seeks to Fight Obesity on Multiple Fronts: Health Minister Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad on ways to tackle the rising number of non-communicable diseases – one of the biggest public health threats caused mainly by our lifestyles, where food plays such a significant part.
Link in bio: https://penangmonthly.com/article.aspx?pageid=15377&name=dr_dzul_seeks_to_fight_obesity_on_multiple_fronts
#december #penangmonthly #healthminister #eatingright #health #nosugar #penang
1 hour ago