- The Enactus Star of the Week is an initiative that focuses on bringing our most diligent members into the limelight! Dedicated and devoted, his hard work and efforts have always had a radiance which is hard to outshine. Aditya has never been shy to voice out his opinions and feelings, and on occasions more than one, those words have been the cohesion we have needed. His eagerness to work and lend his support to his teammates is a quality which is rare and truly prized. Being consistent is tough, but being consistently good is tougher. And Jha has always lived up to his word, only setting the bar higher each time. Presenting, our Enactus Star of the Week for this week Aditya Kumar Jha. Congratulations! 💥❤️ #EnactusVITChennai #Enactus #EnactusIndia
11 December, 2018
- "The rights of every man are diminished when the rights of one man are threatened." Is it wrong to expect a decent livelihood?
Is it wrong to hope for sustenance of a family?
Is it wrong to anticipate adequate compensation for honest work?
Even though the law provides right to life, education and equality, deep down we all know that these are nothing but myths until we ourselves ensure that they become a reality.
On this Human Rights Day, let's all pledge to acknowledge and respect the rights of every individual.
Project Raah by Enactus CVS aims to ensure that our cobblers get to live a life worth living, rightfully so.
Help us in our endeavour.
Link in the bio.
#bethechange #enactusindia #enactus #worldhumanrightsday #WeAllWin
10 December, 2018
- “Give every human being every right you claim for yourself”
Adhering to this quote by Robert Ingersoll, Enactus DTU is contributing its bit everyday to help the less privileged sections of society recognise their rights of health, education and above all, life, through its Projects: Unnayan and Unnati.
This 'World Human Rights Day' lets pledge to do our bit to help every human be aware of their rights because only then will the foundation blocks of freedom, justice, peace and equality be laid in the world.
#EnactusIndia #Enactus #unitednations
10 December, 2018
- Human Rights Day is celebrated across the World on 10 December every year. The date was chosen to honour the United Nations General Assembly's adoption and proclamation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights(UDHR), the first global enunciation of human rights and one of the first major achievements of the New United Nations.
We, at Enactus DSC, strongly believe that education paves the path to the awareness of human rights. We urge you all to take a step forward in igniting the lives of the underprivileged with knowledge and education in any way that you can.
#HumanRightsDay #10thDecember #WeAllWin #TimeToChange #TimeToAct #SocialGood #EnactusDSC #EnactusIndia #ProjectAnmol #ProjectVasan #SustainableDevelopement
10 December, 2018
- Durante el #ActionAccelerator de la #EWC18 , el Alumni, Isaac Va junto con su equipo, Alumnis de #EnactusUSA y #EnactusIndia , fueron una de las 4 acciones seleccionadas para resolver los #ODS a través de los negocios. es punto de venta automatizado para comida y disponible las 24hr accesible vía web a través de cualquier móvil. Con la tecnología asegurar la soberanía alimentaria y eliminar el desperdicio de alimentos. "
"VOTA por esta INICIATIVA AQUÍ:
9 December, 2018
- International Volunteer Day on 5 December was designated by the United Nations in 1985 as an international observance day to celebrate the power and potential of volunteerism.
It is an opportunity for volunteers, and volunteer organisations, to raise awareness of, and gain understanding for, the contribution they make to their communities. .
Today on International Volunteer Day, we, at Enactus Kalindi would like to acknowledge the efforts of volunteers worldwide for building communities resilient against natural disasters, economic stresses and political shocks.
#enactusindia #enactuskalindi #weallwin #unitednations #health #giving #happygiving #community #volunteer #volunteers #volunteering #internationalvolunteerday
5 December, 2018
- December 2nd marks the International Day for the Abolition of Slavery, when the United Nations adopted the United Nations Convention for the Suppression of the Traffic in Persons and of the Exploitation of the Prostitution of others.
Slavery is not merely a historical relic. According to the International Labour Organisation (ILO), more than 40 million people worldwide are victims of modern slavery. In addition, more than 150 million children are subject to child labour, accounting for almost one in ten children around the world.
Guy Ryder, Director-General of ILO, remarked, “The right to be free of forced labour is both a fundamental labour right, as well as a human right." Supporting this indispensable mission, Enactus Khalsa calls for the awareness and eradication of modern-day slavery, including child labor, trafficking, sexual exploitation, forced marriage, and the use of children in armed conflict. #enactusindia
2 December, 2018
- One million.
That’s the number of people who die every year from HIV because of a lack of awareness regarding how it spreads. The channels of information regarding the virus have remained inaccessible due to social stigma; so, even when they do start the treatment, it is already too late.
On 1 December 2018, WHO will join global partners to commemorate World AIDS Day under the theme, “Know Your Status”. Enactus Khalsa pays a tribute to those who've lost their lives to AIDS and those fighting for a cure, and passionately urge the policy makers to promote a 'health for all' agenda.
Remember, HIV/AIDS does not discriminate. If we treat HIV like any other illness, the layers of societal taboo would begin to unwrap itself. “Get tested and stay safe." - Kros, Ava, Jordin. #enactuskhalsa #enactusindia
1 December, 2018
- Rabies accounts for approximately 55,000 deaths in India every year, which makes it a deadly virus. Though people are familiar with the fact that the chances to recover from rabies are negligible, there is allegory and lack of awareness about the disease amongst them.
To acquaint the general public with information about rabies, Enactus MNC, under PROJECT DESI, recently conducted Rabies Awareness Drives in various schools. We conducted interactive sessions at Bal Bharati School-Rohini, Rajkiya Pratibha Vikas Vidhyalya-Lodhi Road, Sdmc-Vasant gaon, Slum school in Sree Ram JJ camp and Sabki pathshala-Pragati maidan.
The drives involved discussion about the impact of rabies, how rabies is caused, preventive measures against rabies, the Animal Birth Programme and the DESI model by Enactus MNC that serves as the comprehensive solution against this menace.
The drives also emphasized on the inhumane treatment the Desi dogs are subjected to and the need to revamp the way we look at them. Moreover, the students were provided with insights about topics such as:
○how to react when a Desi dog comes to bite
○how to identify a rabid dog
○first aid when a rabid dog bites
○freedom rights of animals
○Prevention Of Cruelty To Animals Act 1974.
The students were curious after the session and they put up a lot of questions to get their doubts clarified. What made the drives successful was the engaging response of the audience.
Enactus MNC aims to aware more and more people about rabies, and aspires to eradicate the disease alongwith the stigma associated with it amongst people across the nation.
#enactus #enactusindia #weallwin #projectdesi #enactusmnc #socialentrepreneurship
28 November, 2018
- On the night of 28th November, 2008, Mumbai witnessed a series of unprecedented acts that went on for 60 hours. Over 160 people were killed and hundreds were left injured, many with wounds that would take a lifetime to heal.
It's been 10 years since that horrific incident left everyone in terror. We at Enactus Kalindi, would like to pay tribute to all those who lost their lives in the cowardly terrorist attack and salute those bravehearts who defended our nation and its people.
#mumbai #mumbaiattacks #peace #terrorist #enactusindia #army #bravery
26 November, 2018
- "Not until half of our population represented by women and girls can live free from fear, violence, and everyday insecurity, can we truly say we live in a fair and equal world." — UN Secretary-General António Guterres.
Violence against women continues to be an obstacle to achieving equality, development, peace, along with working towards the fulfillment of women and girls’ human rights. The promise of the Sustainable Development Goal (SDGs) - to leave no one behind - cannot be fulfilled without putting an end to violence against women and girls.
Enactus Khalsa believes that all of us must come together to end violence against women, and empower them to emerge stronger in this fierce struggle. #enactusindia #enactuskhalsa
25 November, 2018
- Located in Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, Sanjay Gandhi Camp is a slum stricken with poverty and destitution.
But as they say, focus and determination can help one overcome all such obstacles.
With the same belief and attributes, the women of this camp have earned the title of "Auntrepreneurs".
They have given birth to our brand, "BeDesi". Despite of being subjected to financial constraints and the pressure of fulfilling basic needs, these women have enabled themselves to hold their heads high with self-reliance. They work from their home, stepping steadily up on the staircase of a better future.
Enactus MNC is proud to have collaborated with these passionate and enthusiastic women, who have taken the best out of the opportunity to become employed and empowered. It is their hard work and perseverance that has made BeDesi achieve the Three Year milestone.
Enactus MNC appreciates the determination and commitment of its Auntreprenuers.
#enactus #weallwin #enactusindia
21 November, 2018
- "There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million."
United Nations Universal Children’s Day is celebrated on November 20th each year to promote international togetherness and awareness among children worldwide.
We at Enactus RLAC believe that the best gift that you can give to children is to make them feel inspired, encouraged and empowered to help them explore their true potential.
20 November, 2018
- Winter is here and so is the the season of preparations! When GRE and GMAT are approaching, there's nothing such as too much guidance.
So pack your pens and notepads and hit up the - venue - for Enactus JMI in association with Manya Institute brings you a seminar on how to crack GRE and GMAT. Meet us at - time - on - day - and get insights from our experienced speakers!
Date:- 20th November 2018.
Venue:- Room no. 328, FET.
PS - Refreshment will be available at the venue.
#jmi #EnactusIndia #enactusnationals #EnactusWorldCup #WeAllWin #enactusjmi #GRE #gmatprep #SociallyDiligent
17 November, 2018
- We all long to be someone’s hardest goodbye. Our favourite, Pratibhi Nalini ma’am will thoroughly be missed, and we consider ourselves lucky, to have known a person as passionate, inspiring and headstrong as her. From sorting permissions, to handling finances, to motivating us constantly, and sticking with us through thick and thin, it has been a beautiful journey. Every tiny bit of advice given, encouragements passed, smiles shared and silent murmurs of approval and pride hold a very special place in our hearts. We wish you the best of luck, for your future endeavours! ❣️ #EnactusVITChennai #Enactus #EnactusIndia
#Farewell #Thankyou #Coordinator #Commitment
14 November, 2018
- Isn't it a blessing to be a child at heart?
Children seem to know the secret of laughing freely, enjoying the little moments and finding happiness even in the smallest of things.
But sadly, more than 152 million children across the world – 64 million girls and 88 million boys – are burdened with the lifetime misery and forced into child labour at the tender age of 5 to 14 years.
These numbers just give a small part of the monstrous picture. Children are prevented from attending schools, thus losing opportunities of employment and initiating the endless cycle of doom.
We, at Enactus CVS, aim to create a world where the innocence in the smile & sparkle in the eyes of every young child remains safe for as long as possible.
If you find any child in need, do not hesitate to dial the toll-free number 1098.
Together, let's spread smiles for a better tomorrow! ✨
14 November, 2018
- “The children of today will make the India of tomorrow. The way we bring them up will determine the future of the country”, said India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru. In order to commemorate his birth anniversary, every year November 14 is celebrated as Children’s Day.
Children build the nation sound and strong. They are the responsible citizens of tomorrow. For a country to develop, lies in the hands of the child. And the foundation of knowledge, skills and attitude are laid in this impressionable period.
Enactus IGDTUW wishes all those innocent children and those who are children by heart a very Happy Children's Day.
#happychildrensday #impactinglives #enactusindia #enactus
14 November, 2018